Academic Test Preparation
Go to a Test Prep School and IELTS
Prepare for the next stage of your education with reading, writing, speaking, and listening training for the TOEFL iBT, IELTS and TOEIC tests. Learn test-taking strategies, test set-up and directions and more.
The Academic Testing Preparation Programs are designed to prepare you for the world’s leading English language tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
If you are preparing for academic studies and testing, our courses are right for you.
Why should you take these courses?
- Learn the test-taking strategies
- Understand the test set-up and directions
- Practice the tests in authentic test settings
- Write practice essays and receive detailed feedback
- Improve test performance within a time limit
$420 per course
- ATP-0100 Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- ATP-0110 Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
- ATP-0120 International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Withdrawal and Refund Information
Dates and information for when to withdraw with a full refund and the last day to withdraw without academic penalty.
Which textbooks are used in the courses?
Where are the courses located?
Textbooks are sold through the U of M Bookstore. If no textbook is used, a photocopy fee may be charged. The required textbooks are listed under course details on the course registration page.
IELTS is an internationally recognized test designed to assess the English language proficiency of individuals who plan to study or work where English is the language of communication. In Canada, IELTS results are used for immigration purposes and for admission to colleges and universities.
Get focused training and practice in all components of the IELTS Academic Module.
Take the IELTS
Students can obtain information on the IELTS test and an application form at the following locations:
Student Services 166 Extended Education Complex University of Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2 firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult EAL Program for Newcomers Massey Building 294 William Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3B 0R1
Register online and for information on:
- Academic and General Training tests
- Test Format (listening, reading, writing, speaking)
- Registration Procedures
- Dates and Locations
- Preparation Materials, Courses and Workshops
- Test Day Advice, Rules and Regulations
- Test Results
Become confident and well-trained in all components of the TOEIC: listening and reading.
Take the TOEIC
The University of Manitoba is an ETS-certified TOEIC test centre.
Test dates at the University of Manitoba, Fort Garry Campus: The registration deadline is 20 days before each test date. Early registration is recommended to ensure a place. English Language Studies and International Programs reserve the right to cancel a test at any time due to insufficient enrollment. Students will be contacted via email regarding test updates and changes.
Contact Student Services to register and to learn about the test fee.
For more information about the TOEIC.
You can register for courses either online or by email, mail, in person or fax.
Please note, online registration is not supported on iOS (iPhone) and Android phone browsers.
Explore the course catalogue for all course offerings.
Register by email, mail, in person or fax1. Download and fill out Course Registration Form (PDF)
2. Send your completed form by email, mail, in person or fax to:
185 Extended Education Complex
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB Canada R3T 2N2 Phone: +1 204 474-8800
Toll Free: 1 888 216-7011
Fax: +1 204 474-7661