Applied Business Management
Launch a Life of Learning and Working in Manitoba
Develop essential management skills to help you launch a career in Canada. Designed for International Students, the Applied Business Management program consists of educational components, support services, and a valuable work placement.
Launch your career in the Canadian workplace by developing essential management skills, and embark on your employment path in Manitoba.
Certificate courses range from managerial communication, to legal perspectives and financial management. Additional career success workshops, mentorship opportunities, and a path to professional designation – with an industry recognized association, make Applied Business Management an ideal pathway towards professional success in Manitoba and beyond.
Certificate and Letter of Accomplishment (LOA)
Who is the Program for?
- A two-year diploma or undergraduate degree is required for admission
- If you don’t have a post-secondary credential, but have extensive work experience, you may be considered for admission
- IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL iBT 82/CLB 8/ TOEIC 800
- If you have lower proficiency scores, you can receive conditional admission, but you will have to successfully complete Level 700 in the Intensive English Program in order to meet the entrance requirements.
Complete the following application form and submit all required documents.
- Download and fill out the Application form (PDF)
- Include a translated copy of your academic transcript
- Send a copy of your passport
- Include proof of English language proficiency. (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL pBT, TOEFL iBT, CLB, TOEIC)
- Strengthen your resume: Gain a University of Manitoba certificate (Certificate in Management and Administration) a recognized university credential, and apply for a professional designation with the Canadian Institute of Management subject to their requirements.
- Complete a Letter of Accomplishment: Career Success in Canada to develop the soft skills that will help you succeed in the Canadian workplace: learn how to successfully apply for jobs, build your communication skills and begin to network;
- Ladder into a degree at the University of Manitoba: 24 credit hours of the certificate program can be applied towards the Bachelor of Arts: Integrated Studies.
12 months, full-time
- Admission Fee: $300.00 CAD
- Fee: $12,000.00 CAD
- Total: $12,300.00 CAD (Textbook fees are not included)
Certificate in Management and Administration
- MGMT 1030 – Canadian Business Law
- MGMT 0100 – Canadian Business: An Introduction
- FINC 0300 – Financial Management
- FINC 0200 – Introductory Accounting for Business
- MGMT 0120 – Managerial Communication
- MGMT 0110 – Organizational Behaviour
- MGMT 0400 – Strategic Analysis
Letter of Accomplishment: Career Success in Canada
- MGMT 0132 – The Canadian Workplace
- MGMT 0134 – Powerful Business Writing
- MGMT 0136 – Networking 101
- MGMT 0138 – Intercultural Communication
- MGMT 0142 – Effective Presentation Skills
- CONV 0208 – Pronunciation Clinic
Support and Work Placement
- Language Needs Assessment
- Language and Study Support
Work Placement Work-integrated Learning Project
- 175 hour internship placement
- Placement determined by resume and professional goals
- Industries include: business, agriculture, aerospace, finance, and more
How long does it take to complete the program?
What is a Letter of Accomplishment (LOA)?
The Letter of Accomplishment credential indicates that you have successfully completed an intensive, focused program that addresses the educational requirements for a very precise field of study.
Do I have to take the courses in a specific order?
Can I just enroll in a single course if I'm not interested in the entire program?
1. Fill Out an Application Form
Download and submit a completed Program Application Form.
2. Gather Your Transcripts and Documents:
Your submission will include:
- A translated copy of your academic transcript. Student copies or photocopies are not acceptable. Transcripts become the property of University of Manitoba and will not be returned
- A copy of your passport
- Proof of English language proficiency. (i.e. IELTS, TOFEL pBT, TOFEL iBT, CLB, TOEIL)
Transcripts become the property of University of Manitoba and will not be returned.
3. Submit Your Documents:
Submit completed application form, transcripts and documents to:
Student and Instructor Services185 Extended Education Complex
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org