N 36° 12’ 17”E 138° 15’ 11”
Work on your G.P.A from a unique G.P.S.
Explore the tapestry of history and culture that are woven into Japan’s exceptional scenic vistas. Experience authentic Japanese culture and language while studying in one to the most beautiful countries in the world.
Japan is a country of exceptional scenic vistas, woven in to a tapestry of history and culture. Participants will memorably experience authentic Japanese culture and language while studying in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
In cooperation with Miyagi University of Education in Sendai, Japan, the course consists of three weeks of studying Japanese language and culture. The language classes consist of building upon existing Japanese language skills with new grammar and expressions, learning to communicate with Japanese speakers effectively, and giving presentations to Japanese audience.
The cultural components include various experiences in Sendai; visiting the Aoba Castle site and the museum, participating classes at Miyagi University of Education, interacting with Japanese students, some cultural experiences such as tea ceremony and calligraphy, and visiting a local elementary school.
During the free time and on weekends, participants can explore the city of Sendai, visiting a local festival, and participating club activities with the students of Miyagi University of Education.
Participants are responsible for travel to and from Bilbao Spain. They should plan to arrive in the afternoon of May 13, 2017 and must be present until the morning of June 2, 2017. All participants applying for the travel-study must have the approval of the instructor.
- Pre-travel: TBA
- Travel/study: May 13 – June 2, 2017, 2017
The following courses are required for a total of 6 credit hours:
- ASIA 3480 T60 and ASIA 3480 T61: Japanese Cultural and Language Experience (6-credit hours)
Details on this course are available online on Aurora. Academic fees are payable to the University of Manitoba. Tuition fees vary for international students.
- $2063 CAD (subject to change), includes accommodation, most meals, in-country transportation, and entrance fees. Airfare to Spain, health and trip cancellation insurance, as well as University of Manitoba tuition are not included. Please inquire for more details.
- All fees are paid to the University of Manitoba by Cheque, Visa, MasterCard or cash.
- A payment of $750.00 CAD is due February 13, 2017 (includes $200.00 non-refundable deposit).
- a second payment of $1313 is due March 31st, 2017
Admission and Requirements
- Students are required to attend pre-trip sessions.
- In order to participate in a travel/study course, all students must sign an Acknowledgement of Responsibility and Liability Waiver that outlines risk and shared responsibility associated with travel/study.
- Canadian residents are advised that a passport is required. Non-Canadians may require visas.
Information on obtaining travel documents is available from:
Toll free: 1-800-567-6868
Participants and students are advised to contact the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WHRA) for information on immunization requirements, (204) 940-8747. Please contact the WRHA early as some immunization must be taken well in advance of travel
For More Information
phone: (204) 474-8958
Admission, registration and fee payment information:
University of Manitoba
R3T 2N2Phone: +1 204 474-8800
Toll Free: 1 888 216-7011
Fax: +1 204 474-7661